If you have not yet brought home a vacuum cleaner, then it’s high time that you should. It can drastically reduce the time you spend cleaning your house. Depending on the build and the design, there are different types of vacuum cleaners. These are meant for different levels of cleaning. Although you can also get deep cleaning vacuums on the market, the more popular ones are those that offer a general cleaning with brush and suction nozzle. Some have 360-degree rotating brushes that can be rotated and counter-rotated to scrub off the dried grime and free as much grime and dirt from the surfaces to be cleaned. This site was made to help you find the best vacuum cleaner for your needs.
Vacuum cleaners are also lightweight and have adjustable handles so that a person of any height can set it to his/her convenience. Almost all of the cleaning is done with little manual effort from the user’s side. This makes it possible for even the elderly to use the devices with much ease.
Things to consider when buying a Vacuum Cleaner
Commercial or residential?
The first thing to consider when buying the best vacuum cleaner for you is whether you want to buy a commercial vacuum cleaner or a residential cleaner. Commercial vacuum cleaners are built using heavy-duty components that are capable of picking up the industrial debris, the mercury spills, hazardous material; and so on. It is not necessary that you have to buy a commercial vacuum cleaner for every business as then, most of the features will be underutilized. A residential vacuum cleaner would do equally well.
Stick, canister or upright?
An upright vacuum cleaner is the one that stands upright by itself. It has the cleaning wand, the dirt tank, and the handle, all attached in one. Due to this, it may be a bit bulky as compared to other vacuum cleaners. Therefore, it is better suited for cleaning big rooms with lots of open floor space. Canister vacuums have a canister to house the machine and the dirt tank.
They are attached to the cleaning wand through a flexible cord. This makes it possible to use them for cleaning not only the floor but also the trickier places such as stairs, blinds, the underside of furniture, narrow space behind the cabinet and so on. A stick vacuum cleaner is very much similar to an upright vacuum cleaner, the only difference being that they are much sleeker and have smaller dirt compartments. Stick vacuum cleaners are more suitable for quick and light cleanups.
Some vacuum cleaners come with dirt cups while others have dirtbags for collecting the debris and dust. Dirt cups help you save up on cash by cutting down the need for buying dirtbags, however, if you are going to be cleaning things that need safe disposal, dirtbags are way more convenient.
Depending on whether you are going to be using it for cleaning wet spills or dry spills, you can go for either wet or dry vacuum cleaners.
Recommended Vacuum Cleaner Products
- Can be used for cleaning hardwood floors, stone floors as well as carpeted floors
- Uses a cyclonic filtration system for a better continuous suction
- Uses two filtration – the foam pre-filter and the pleated post filter to trap the fine dust particles
- The airflow and the suction can be adjusted according to need. However, it does not have an airflow indicator
- It can clean the debris of all sizes
- It is made out of transparent material. You can see the amount of dirt that is being accumulated in the transparent dirt compartment
- 360-degree rotating brushes that target the carpet fibers from every angle possible. This provides a thorough cleaning effect and leaves the carpets looking new and refreshed
- Dirt tank capacity of 2 liters. This ensures that you do not have to stop and empty out the dirt every now. It also does not lower the suction over time
- The dirt tank opens from the bottom. It can, therefore, be removed without creating any mess
- The 10-ampere motor used in the system gives superior suction while cleaning
- Narrow nozzle amplifies the suction
- It offers 5 different height settings. You can, therefore, do the cleaning without putting any stress on your back
- Different settings are available for different cleaning requirements
- Very easy to pull and push. It glides around effortlessly over the floor as you clean it
- Great suction
- Better performance than canister vacuum cleaners
- No disposable bags required
- Considered the best vacuum cleaner under $100.
- Great built quality
- Lightweight and easy to control
- Features OnePass technology for more effective cleaning
- The components used are not very durable
- Suction gets affected with continuous use
- All debris do not fit in through the nozzle
- Upright vacuum cleaner
- Includes dirt cups. Hence, no need of disposable bags
- The dirt cup can be removed easily and without creating any mess
- Provides continuous suction
- Maximum clean up in a minimum number of Passovers
- Cyclonic system for powerful suction
- Attached brush for better scrubbing
- The brushes are not so rough as to damage the carpet fibers
- The brushes can be removed and cleaned
- Great for cleaning stairs
- Can be used on carpeted floors as well as hard floors
- Long hose pipe which can reach into narrow and difficult places
- 25 feet long non-retractable power cord for better reachability
- Lightweight and can be listed with just one hand
- Best for cleaning pile carpets
- Provides a thorough cleaning
- Good suction
- Glides on the floor very smoothly
- Test winner as the best vacuum for tile floors
- Effectively removes fine dust, lint and pet hair
- Sleek and stylish design
- Considered the best vacuum for hardwood floors
- OnePass Technology for efficient cleaning
- Gives a good lasting
- The beater bar cannot be turned off
- Suction reduces with regular use
- No adapter to hold the neck
- Does not fit in larger debris
- This vacuum cleaner is more suitable for quick cleanups rather than thoroughly cleaning an entire room
- Has very good suction. It can pick up anything from debris to dust to fine lint and pet hair
- It uses a cyclonic action technology to create a continuous suction at all times during the use
- Uses a 4-ampere motor to create the suction
- It comes very handily while cleaning car interiors and also reduces the cleaning time by a great degree
- Comes in a compact shape and can, therefore, fit into narrow spaces
- It comes with its own dirt tank and therefore does not need disposable bags
- Ideal for light spills such as cereal spills, paper cuttings, dust, pet hair and so on
- The dirt tank can be removed with a simple touch of a button. Does not create a mess while emptying out
- The dirt tank is transparent so you can see when it needs to be emptied out
- Uses a Ni-ion battery instead of a Li-ion battery
- Uses a smart card technology for faster charging and saving energy
- Powerful suction
- All the accessories are attached to the central unit
- Considered the best vacuum for stairs.
- 2-year warranty
- Inbuilt batteries. No scope for replacement
- Small nozzle
4. Shark Bagless Navigator FrSeestyle Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
- The vacuum cleaner weighs less than 10 pounds. Therefore, it is very easy to be carried around.
- It is cordless. So you will not have to worry about the length of the cord, the distance of plug points or the recoiling after work is completed. It also offers an open working space where you can move around freely without having to worry about tripping over power cords.
- The batteries have a very good charge holding capacity. There are no issues such as standby discharging and fluctuating discharging. They also charge very fast and give a good run time
- The vacuum cleaner uses dust cup instead of dust bags. This saves up the cash that would otherwise go into buying disposable bags.
- The dirt cups have a large capacity. This allows you to complete your entire cleanups without having to stop in between for dirt cup emptying.
- The vacuum cleaner has two powerful speed settings which can be adjusted accordingly when you are using it for hard floors or for soft carpeted floors.
- It has a swivel steering, which makes the navigation easier. Even elderly people will be able to clean around with much ease.
- It has a brush attached to it which makes it easier to clean the hardened stains and dirt. This will cut down the need to go rubbing and scrubbing over the carpets, thus saving you a lot of manual work.
- The brushes are tender enough to be used on carpets and upholsteries without causing any damage to the fabric
- It can be used for cleaning both the thin and thick layers of carpet
- The brushes are removable for a cleanup
- It has a sleek design, thus making it applicable for cleaning tight and tricky spaces, especially the stairs and the narrow corners
- Has a very good suction and can effectively pull in the debris of all shapes and sizes
- Weighs very less. Easy to lift and clean.
- Swivel steering allows for better navigation
- Rubberized wheels to protect the surfaces from getting scratches
- Ideal for cleaning both the hard and the soft floors
- Great vacuum for cleaning shag carpets & rugs.
- Affordable price
- Produces a lot of noise
- The battery does not last long enough
- Cannot be used for deep cleaning
- Comes with a warranty period of only one year
Conclusion – The Best Vacuum Cleaner for Hardwood Floors & Carpet
These four items are regarded as the best vacuum cleaners based on the features, pricing as well as the customer reviews. These are very user-friendly and easy to maintain. They are also very versatile, allowing you to take care of a number of cleaning requirements.
However, the BISSELL 1330 is particularly the best vacuum cleaner out of four as it has a very sleek design and is very lightweight. It can be pushed around effortlessly and can even be used to clean up the things that lie above the floor, for example, cleaning the racks, the blinds, and the walls. It has a large tank capacity and uses a dirt cup, hence cutting down the need for disposable bags.
The BISSELL 1330 can be used for a wide number of applications from a thorough cleaning to effective pet hair removal. If you are looking for a highly functional vacuum cleaner, this is your ultimate, one-stop solution. So here we have it – the best vacuum cleaner for carpets & hardwood floors