Many people use telescopes to watch birds and study the stars. So, the telescopes come in different shapes & sizes. Telescopes can be extremely expensive. Shopping for one can be complex because of the price and a sheer number of them on the market.
Moreover, gazing into space may imply blackness & boredom, but if you do it behind a telescope, it turns into the captivating celestial objects of the mystery & beauty of our globe.
Telescopes enable us to explore a massive amount of galaxies with the magnificent milky way, stars, spellbinding and cut comets as well.
Furthermore, our comprehensive review of the best telescope under 500 will introduce you to decent models at affordable prices. With, so many models & characteristics any telescope has, it becomes rather hard for both the novices & pros to find the one.
We’ve analyzed the features that make the best telescope to get you started on your astronomy journeys such as aperture, focal length, eyepiece, and mount.
Also, read our latest guide about the best telescope for city viewing.
Best Telescope Under 500
We recently reviewed the best telescope for spying. So, if you are looking for the best telescope under 500, then you are landing at the right place.
In this article, we have reviewed the top-rated best compound telescope including their features, performance, quality, pros, and cons. Also, this article will help you to pick the right one telescope at an affordable price.
Celestron StraSense Explorer 114AZ
Meade Star Pro AZ 80mm aperture
Meade Instruments ETX90
Meade Instruments StarNavigator NG 102mm aperture
Celestron SkyProdigy 6
1- Celestron StraSense Explorer 114AZ – best telescope under 500
If you are looking for the best telescope under 500, then this Celestron star sense explorer is the ideal choice for you. It comes with the star sense explorer app. This app calculates your position in real-time & guides you with the list of currently visible objects.
This best telescope for astrophotography is ideal to see the planets, stars, nebulae, and galaxies.
- Quality: This best telescope for viewing planets and galaxies is made up of high-quality materials. This Celestron telescopes has a built-in highly reflecting coating. It also built-in star sense app.
- Performance: This best professional telescope equipped with the manual altazimuth mount with the smooth and dual-axis slow-motion controls makes it easy to follow on the screen arrows to your desired target. This best expert telescope uses your smartphone to analyze star pattern overhead & calculates its position in real-time. It uses a highly reflecting coating and enough light-gathering ability to view them all celestial objects.
- Features: The unique feature of this best 11-inch telescope is easy to set up and easy to use. It also features a highly reflecting coating as compared to the other telescopes.
- Users reviews: This best telescope under 300 contain a 60% 5- star rating from, its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.2 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use for viewing galaxies, stars clusters, and planets.
- Easy to use
- Moon filter
- Highly reflecting coatings
- Starsense app
- Low magnification
2- Meade Star Pro AZ 80mm aperture – best telescope for astrophotography
Meade star pro AZ 80mm aperture is the perfect mid-range telescope. It is the portable and lightweight telescope, soo you can easily bring it anywhere.
It is an extremely capable visual scope that is easy to use for smartphone astrophotography which included the smartphone adapter. This best telescope eyepiece for viewing planets has a large 80mm objective lens and a focal length of 900milimeter.
- Quality: This best compound telescope has built-in three magnification eyepieces ( 26mm, 9mm, and 6.3mm) and its 2X Barlow lens doubles the magnifying power of each eyepiece.
- Performance: This best telescope for the money has an 80mm objective lens which enhanced the image quality bright, crispy, and clear. This best telescope under 1000 comes with the altazimuth mount with the slow-motion control rod for the precision tracking, which means that you can easily track the objects day and nighttime. Its full-sized adjustable aluminum tripod equipped with the integrated accessory holder.
- Features: This best all-round telescope features a 2X Barlow lens which doubles the magnifying power of each eyepiece. It also features an integrated accessory holder.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 70% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use for smartphone astrophotography and an ideal choice for beginners.
- Altazimuth mount
- Precision tracking
- Adjustable tripod
- Three eyepieces
- Not worth for money
3- Meade Instruments ETX90 – best telescope to see planets
Meade instruments ETX90 telescope provides close up views of the solar system and the celestial objects anytime and at anywhere. This best Schmidt Cassegrain telescope is a sophisticated, heavily automated, and a highly portable.
Its features include auto start, GOTo technology, and 30000 objects database. This best telescope for photography has a large 90mm objective lens, which enhanced the image clarity and brightness.
- Quality: This best light-gathering telescope has a built-in super Plossl eyepiece and a decent red dot finderscope. It is made up of quality optics.
- Performance: This best handheld telescope for stargazing has an ultra-wide focal length of 1250mm and a focal ratio of f/13.8. it is the lightweight telescope, so you can easily bring it with you anywhere. This best-motorized telescope has two super Plossl eyepieces ( 9.7mm and 26mm). Its removable optical tube assembly allows you to take the scope off of the fork mount for customization.
- Features: The special feature of this best telescope under 100 is its dual servo model and adjustable aluminum tripod included an accessory tray. It also features a hard carry case for the mount.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 58% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 3.8 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use for deep space and viewing city spies.
- Large aperture
- Wide focal length
- 30,000 objects database
- Removable optical tube assembly
- Poor quality
4- Meade Instruments StarNavigator NG 102mm aperture – best telescope for viewing planets and galaxies
If you are looking for the best telescope for and viewing, then this Meade Instruments StarNavigator NG102mm objective lens is the ideal choice for you. This best telescope under 400 includes an audio star computer controller.
It comes with the altitude azimuth mount. This works well for terrestrial targets too. This provides a promising view with a 102mm objective3 lens and a 660milimeter focal length.
- Quality: This best telescope in the world has made up of high-quality optics. It comes with a quality nighttime view with the vixen style dovetail receiver.
- Performance: This best telescope for kids is easy to use and easy to assemble. Its vixen style dovetail receiver allowing the user to use a variety of optical tubes assembly. It includes a full-size adjustable aluminum tripod with the accessory tray two 1.25MA eyepieces, measuring at 09mm and 26mm. moreover, Meade instruments guide tours & desirable views with the audio star hand controller equipped with the four-hours of audio presentation and 30000+ celestial objects which guiding your eyes to easier viewing.
- Features: This best telescope eyepiece for money features a durable equipment and space admirer. It also features an audio star hand controller.
- Users reviews: This best telescope in the world contain a 66% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.4 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use to view the moon and ideal telescope for beginners.
- Easy to use
- Durable equipment
- Audiostar hand controller
- Best value for money
- Cheap tripod
5- Celestron SkyProdigy 6 – best telescope under 400
Celestron SkyProdigy is the first telescope that offers fully automated alignment. Once, you set it up under the night sky, it takes about just three minutes for the scope to find itself. Then, you can use the wired remote keypad to drive this high-quality Newtonian reflector telescope.
This best telescope eyepiece for viewing planets comes with the two Kellner eyepieces of 25mm and 9mm. this scope can accept a 2-inch eyepiece.
- Quality: This best compound telescope offers a fully automated alignment procedure. It has a built-in fully computerized altazimuth mount and optical tube assembly.
- Performance: This best telescope for astrophotography comes with the battery pack, which provides over 30-hours of power with the user-supplied 8 x D cell-battery. It also comes with the sturdy stainless steel tripod included an accessory tray. It has no tool required for assembly and quick to set and easy to use. This best 11-inch telescope has an ultra-large 152mm objective lens, which enhanced the image clarity.
- Features: The amazing feature of this best telescope under 50 is its computerized altazimuth mount and optical tube assembly. It also features no tool required for assembly.
- Users reviews: This best Dobsonian telescope contains 61% 5- star ratings from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.0 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use for the night sky and watching galaxies as well.
- Easily to set up
- Great scope
- Ideal for amateur astronomers
- Cheaply made