Whether you are an occasional stargazer or more serious astronomers, then you know that nothing can really be compared with the incredible enthrallment that comes along with the watching skies.
The ability to see the magnificence of the galaxies and star up close is truly a breathtaking experience. However, if you are intending to discover the night skies in a particular way, then you will need a high-quality telescope.
Moreover, you do not need necessarily have to spend a fortune on a decent telescope as the best telescope under 200can easily fulfill all your needs.
In the past years, the number of people getting into stargazing has greatly skyrocketed. While this might be a good thing in the availability of many options, also means choosing the right telescope from the sea of options is very tough.
To, help make things easier for buyers, we’ve reviewed the list of top 6 best telescopes under 200 for you. Also, this guide will help you to pick the right one telescope.
Also, read our latest guide about the best telescope for land viewing.
Best Telescope Under 200
We recently reviewed the best telescope under 300. So, if you are looking for the best telescope under 200, then you are landing at the right place.
In this article, we have reviewed the top-rated best all-round telescope including their features, performance, quality, pros, and cons.
Gosky Spotting scope
Celestron AstroMaster 76EQ
Meade Instruments Infinity 50mm aperture
Celestron travel scope DX
MaxUse telescope 400x40mm
1- Gosky Spotting scope – best telescope for deep space
Gosky offers an updated angled spotting scope that has come with the mighty magnification power strength & the enhanced optical performance.
This best telescope for viewing planets and galaxies in India comes with a more consistent focusing system, rubber armor, and comfortable lightweight frame. This best 8 inch telescope is ideal for hunting birds and animals in the forest.
- Quality: This best all-round telescope has built-n fully multi-coated 80mm objective lens that provides a wide field of view 82.9- 48feet/ 1000yards. This best telescope in the world has a quality BAK4 Porro prism optics.
- Performance: This best telescope under 300 has a nitrogen-filled waterproof and fog proof design that enables the scopes to withstand the toughest environment. It also has a durable frame and a rubber armor that provides you with the non-slip grip, shockproof grip, and comfortable external lasting protection. This best refractor telescope for the money included a smartphone adapter that allows you to take photos and videos of what you’ve observed.
- Features: The special feature of this best compound telescope is its adjustable tripod that provides you more stable observations from any viewing angles. It also features a lens protection covers and cleaning clothes make you more convenient to carry and maintain.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 70% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.6 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use for hunting birds watching wildlife scenery and best for spying.
- Waterproof design
- Smartphone adapter
- Easy to use
- Ideal for hunting birds
- Lens protection cover
- Non- adjustable primary-mirror
2- Celestron AstroMaster 76EQ – best telescope for viewing planets
Celestron AstroMaster is marketed as a Newtonian telescope. This best refractor telescope has a spherical mirror, which allows it to be smaller than the classic Newtonian telescope.
It is a solid choice if you are looking for a more compact, portable telescope with decent magnification & the precise movement controls. This best Schmidt Cassegrain telescope included a 1 lithium-ion battery.
- Quality: This best telescope under 50 has a high-quality optics that are fully coated with the 114mm objective lens. It also has an equatorial mount.
- Performance: This best telescope in the world has a lightweight frame and a manual german equatorial mount for smooth and accurate pointing. Its setup is quick and easy to use. Moreover, no tool required for assembly. This best telescope for viewing planets and galaxies in India included two eyepieces 20mm and 10mm. it also includes a red dot finderscope and an adjustable tripod. It has an unbeatable warranty.
- Features: The AstroMaster mount features two slow-motion control knobs that allows you to make the precision adjustment to view the celestial objects.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 74% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.4 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This reflector telescope is best to use for astronomers and for deep space.
- Powerful reflector telescope
- Quick setup
- Highly recommended
- Well made
- Short battery life
3- Meade Instruments Infinity 50mm aperture – best Schmidt Cassegrain telescope
The Meade instruments infinity 50mm aperture is a good quality telescope made by a company well known for the excellence of its products.
Meade is the refractor telescope. The lens at the front of this best compound telescope gathers more light to create the image. So, that light is then focused onto a mirror that sends the image to the eyepiece.
With this best telescope under 200, the image isn’t reversed or upside down making it easier to view.
- Quality: This best all-round telescope has built-in high-quality materials and has a waterproof and fog proof quality design.
- Performance: This best telescopes for beginners comes with the 50mm objective lens, the focal length of 600mm, and the focal ratio is f/12. Its altazimuth mount makes pointing the telescope is very easy to use. This best telescope for viewing planets and galaxies has three eyepieces (20mm, 12mm, and 4mm) which give you a variety of any viewing situation and its 2xBarlow lens doubles the magnification power of each eyepiece.
- Features: This best refractor telescope for beginners features a 5×24 optical view finderscope helps you point your scope at the objects that you want to observe.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 61% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.2 out of 5.0.’
- Best use: This budget telescope is best to use to view the moon and galaxies.
- Fine-tuning knobs
- Easy to assemble & use
- High magnification
- Worth for money
- Hard to focus
4- Celestron travel scope DX – best telescope for viewing planets and galaxies
If you are looking for a friendly budget telescope, this Celestron Travel scope DX is the ideal choice for you. This best portable telescope has an objective lens of 80mm that provides you the high-resolution images. for the protection of your eyes, it has a fully coated glass optics.
This best telescope for astrophotography comes with two powerful eyepieces (20mm and 10mm).
- Quality: This best 6-inch telescope has a superior-high-quality optics & made up of high-quality waterproof design.
- Performance: This best deep space telescope comes with the two powerful eyepieces 20mm and 10mm that provide the low and high power views of the celestial objects at the nighttime and terrestrial objects at the daytime. This best telescope for deep space has a lightweight frame and custom backpack to carry it. It also has a 70mm aperture objective lens that provides enhanced and brighter viewing experience as compared to the other 50mm objective lens telescope.
- Features: This Celestron Travel scopeDX features two high-quality eyepieces (20mm and 10mm) that provide you the low and high power views of the celestial objects at the nighttime.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 53% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.0 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use astronomers and bet telescope for beginners.
- Powerful eyepieces
- Quality optics
- 70mm aperture
- Made up of too much plastic
5- Vanstary Telescope – best telescope for kids
Vanstary telescope includes an altazimuth mount whose primary function is to simply track the celestial objects. This best telescope for viewing planets equipped with the 70mm objective lens and 400mm focal length.
This best telescope for kids consists of two eyepieces of 25milimeter and 10milimeter. It also comes with high-quality optics.
- Quality: This best telescope for beginners has high-quality optics and made up of high-quality materials. It has a fully coated glass optics with the 70mm aperture objective lens.
- Performance: This best refractor telescope equipped with the two replaceable eyepieces and a 3x Barlow lens. It has a 5×24 finderscope with the mounting brackets & the cross-hair lines inside make the locating objects easily. It also has a 70mm aperture that provides an enhanced, brighter viewing experience as compared to the other 50mm aperture telescope. This best compound telescope is easy to set up and use.
- Features: The unique feature of this best telescope for kids is its adjustable aluminum tripod allows you to view the different angles. It also features a lightweight frame and custom backpack carry case.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 52% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 3.8 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This refractor telescope is best to use for astronomers to explore stars and the moon.
- Lightweight frame
- Easy installments
- High-quality optics
- Large 70mm aperture
- Poor focus
6- MaxUse telescope 400x40mm – best refractor telescope for the money
If you desire to make your kids happy with a gift, then nothing is better than this MaxUse telescope. It is ideal for kids and beginners. This best 6-inch telescope is easy to carry wherever you want.
This best telescope for astrophotography allows you to look at the stars, moon, galaxies, scenery of the sky at the nighttime, and the brighter images of your city.
- Quality: This best refractor telescope for beginners has built-in high-quality optics that provide you to make your viewing experience brighter, clear, and the clarity of the images.
- Performance: This best telescope for viewing planets and galaxies has a focal length 400mm and a 5×24 finderscope makes the locating objects easy and quick. This best Dobsonian telescope includes two interchangeable eyepieces( H12.5mm and 20mm). it also comes with the moon mirror and the compass built-in telescope tube. This best telescope under 200 brings a lot of fun and joy to the children.
- Features: The amazing feature of this best telescope for beginners is easy to assemble and easy to use. Its features include a star map and a moon map.
- Users reviews: This product contains a 46% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 3.6 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use for kids and beginners and view the moon and stars as well.
- Portable telescope
- Ideal for kids
- Best value for money
- Cheaply made
We think that the Gosky spotting scope is the best telescope under 1000. It has a variety of magnification and dynamic lens focusing system. This best 6-inch telescope has a fully multi-coated 80mm green film aperture. It also has a waterproof and fog-proof design.
Second, Celestron 76EQ is the best telescope for astronomers. It features a high quality 76mm objective lens. It also features a lightweight frame and the manual German equatorial mount for smooth & accurate pointing. This best portable telescope has an adjustable tripod and red dot finderscope.
Third, Meade Instruments Infinity 50mm aperture is the friendly budget telescope. Its altazimuth mount makes pointing the telescope is easy to use. This best telescope for astrophotography has a 2x Barlow lens that doubles the magnification power of each eyepiece.
Telescopes under 200 – Buying Guide
A high-end telescope can be an expensive investment in a new hobby, and most people prefer to purchase something cheaper. This introduces new problems; a telescope that costs under $200 may be capable in many ways. However, you’re not going to see the rings of Saturn in that price range. But an inexpensive telescope will make an excellent gift and offer plenty of fun to the entire family.
So, when you’re looking for a cheap telescope, then it’s important to look at a telescope with a large aperture. This will determine the range of your instrument and improve focal length to provide you high-quality images.
Best Telescope For kids
There are various telescopes available in the market right now. But it can be difficult to find the right one for you. That’s why we recommend Vanstary telescope for kids.
How much a telescope cost?
There’re different types, styles, and shapes of telescopes available in the market. And you’ll easily find a telescope on any budget. The real question isn’t how much a telescope costs? , the reality is how much are you prepared to spend?
In this post, we’ve shown that you don’t need to spend thousands of dollars to get a high-quality telescope. However, some people may claim that it is a hobby for rich people, but that simply isn’t the case.
With some additional purchases of the better eyepiece or a 90-degree angle. Most telescopes that we’ve reviewed are capable of optical instruments.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Telescope Under 200
Which is the best telescope under 200?
- Vanstary Telescope
- Gosky Spotting Scope
- MaxUse Telescope 400×40-mm
- Celestron AstroMaster 76EQ
- Celestron Travel Scope DX
What is the best telescope for viewing planets?
- Celestron Powerseeker 70EQ
- Orion Astroview
- Celestron Nexstar
- Sky-Watcher ProED
Which is the most powerful telescope you can buy?
Celestron Nexstar 8SE telescope is the best-computerized telescope for beginners. Because it has a large aperture among all the telescopes in the market.
Is telescope worth it?
Telescopes under 300 are really worth it. The most important attribute of a telescope is its size, meaning the diameter of its mirror or lens. So, the bigger the telescope, the high-quality images you see.