After you start to take the astronomy seriously, then you will realize that it can be a very expensive hobby to have. You can get by with the few hundred dollar cost of a telescope & the accessories it comes with for a while. But, if you want to take the next step up, various top telescopes go into the thousands of dollars.
Moreover, there’re some telescopes that are not that very expensive. So, if you can still find the best telescope under 1000, then this guide will help you. It really will depend on what you are looking for in the telescope.
Furthermore, if you are looking to take your astronomy very seriously, then you will want to opt for a refractor. In this article, I will give you my recommendation on what telescope is best for you under 1000.
Also, read our latest guide about the best telescope for spying.
Best Telescope Under 1000
If you are looking for the best telescope under 1000, then you are in the right place. In this guide, we have reviewed the top 10 best telescopes under dollar one thousand including their features, performance, quality, pros, and cons. we’ve recently reviewed the best Dobsonian telescope.
Sky-Watcher EvoStar 80
Celestron Skywatcher Flextube
Meade Instrument 0.5PST
Meade Instrument 205004
1- Sky-Watcher EvoStar 80 – best refractor telescope under 1000
Skywatcher Evostar 80 is an exceptional telescope and it is perfect for astrophotography. This best goto telescope under 1000 is an apochromatic refractor as opposed to an achromatic refractor.
The difference is that an apochromatic often abbreviated to APO brings in 3 different colors into focus instead of two.
- Quality: This best computerized telescope using the finest quality glass & proprietary metallic high transmission coating. This best telescope under 1000 produces sharp images with the accurate color & the minimal aberration.
- Performance: This best prices telescope comes with the foam-lined aluminum hard case. Moreover, it has an aperture of 80 millimeters & a focal length of 600mm. This best cheap Dobsonian telescope is ideal for those who want to use something for a wide field of view and it’ll allow you to see a vast amount of nebulae & the galaxies.
- Features: The special feature of this best refractor telescope under 1000 has a matched doublet objective including one synthetic fluorite element and providing the exceptional color correction for visual and photographic uses.
- Users reviews: This product contain an 85% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.7 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use for astrophotography.
- Lightweight telescope
- Build quality
- Best value for money
- Highly recommended
- Chromatic aberration
- No cons yet!
2- Celestron-Nexstar 5SE – best computerized telescope
Celestron-Nexstar is the best computerized telescope available in the market. This telescopes for intermediate users is really easy to use once you get the hang of it.
You can also enter the coordinates into the panel on the side of the telescope, which will enable to use the finder easily.
- Quality: This best 10 inch telescope is made up of high-quality material. It has a database of more than 40000 celestial objects that go to the mount built into our telescopes for astronomy.
- Performance: This best Dobsonian telescope for beginners comes with the automated mount & the 6-inches primary mirror. You are easily able to see a vast array of objects such as the moon and the planet. The single fork arm design & the sturdy steel tripod all the assembled & break down from the separate components for easy transportation.
- Features: The unique feature of this best telescope for home is an iconic orange tube design with the updated tech & the amazing stargazing for the beginners.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 72% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.3 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use for computerizing.
- Great telescope
- Not good for astrophotography
3- Celestron Skywatcher Flextube – best 10 inch telescope
If you are looking for the best telescope under 1000, then this Celestron Sky-Watcher is ideal for you. This telescopes for intermediate users is available in the both 8 & 10-inches aperture model.
With the 10-inches and the 1200 mm focal; length, then this telescope is perfect for those that do not mind having as the powerful telescope that takes up a quite bit of room.
- Quality: This best goto telescope under 500 has a built-in reflective mirror quality of 94%. It has a fully multi-coated borosilicate primary & the secondary mirrors deliver amazing views.
- Performance: This best compound telescope has a unique strut design that allows for the optical tube to collapse for the ease of portability while, keeping the collimation. This telescope is very easy to set up and you will soon be able to look at the celestial object. This best telescope for home is quite heavy and it is not going to be the ideal for those who want a portable telescope.
- Features: The amazing feature is that you can get a bright, bold viewing experience at the fraction of the cost of other optical designs.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 62% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.09 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use for the home.
- Easy to assemble
- Both primary & secondary mirror
- Barlow lens
- Quite heavy
4- Meade Instrument 0.5PST – best goto telescope under 1000
Here is another product of the Meade instruments. This best computerized telescope is the world’s most famous telescope to observe the sun clearly.
It has a 40mm diameter and the 400 mm of focal length with the 18mm Plossl eyepiece. The amazing thing about this scope is its 5-years factory warranty.
- Quality: This telescopes for intermediate users made up of high-quality material and it also built-in solar viewfinder.
- Performance: This best compound telescope has an internal non-removable filtering optics for the safe solar viewing. Moreover, the personal solar telescope comes with a black 18mm Plossl eyepiece. Furthermore, the gold CEMAX eyepieces can be purchased separately. It has a bandpass fine adjustment controls & the incorporated focuser.
- Features: The fabulous features of this best telescope is that it has a built-in solar viewfinder and has a 5- years factory warranty as well.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 59% 5- star rating from, its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.2 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use to observe the sun easily.
- Built-in solar viewfinder
- Highly recommended
- Great performance
- Bad focuser wobbles
5- Meade Instrument 205004 – best cheap Dobsonian telescope
This Meade Instrument telescope not only has a database of over 30,000 celestial objects but also built-in HIFII stereo speakers & the over four hours of audio content used for educational purposes.
The audio system of this scope makes it especially fun for the younger. This best Dobsonian telescope comes with the 127mm aperture.
- Quality: This telescopes for intermediate users has built-in quality. It has a removable optical tube assembly which allowing the users to take the scope off of the fork mount for customization.
- Performance: This best Dobsonian telescope for beginners comes with the 194 millimeters of focal length. It has a Maksotuve Cassegrain optical tube & an internal flip mirror system. This best refractor telescope under 1000 is the fairly portable scope that’ll be a great tool for the viewing close-ups of the moon. But you can also view the galaxies & the nebulae as well.
- Features: One of the features is of this best telescope under 100 is that it has built-in stereo speakers over the 4-hours of audio content used for educational purposes.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 56% 5- star rating form its customers.
- Overall rating: 3.7 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use to view the galaxies and the moon as well.
- Easy to set up
- Hand controller
- Starter scope
- Very poor quality