Stargazing is an awesome part of the astronomy. That is where is the witness at the firsthand, how all those deep sky objects look like, where they’re how big and bright they’re. With the right equipment, you can enjoy the fascinating night sky objects from the moon & the planets to the deep sky nebulae and galaxies as well.
Moreover, in stargazing, the eyepieces are an important part of the telescopes. While choosing the more appropriate can completely change your experience in using the telescopes. So, the poorly chosen eyepiece might give you a poor viewing experience and sometimes it even makes the stargazing very difficult.
Furthermore, eyepieces are the fundamental components of the telescope, and each telescope equipped with at least one eyepiece. Although, the eyepiece of the telescope defines the magnification power & field of view of that telescope.
Magnification of the eyepieces differs from the one eyepiece to another based on their focal length as well as their field of view. In this article, I will introduce you to what to look for when choosing the eyepieces for your scope. So, the right eyepieces will let you enjoy the night sky.
Also, read our latest guide about the best telescope under 200.
Best Telescope Eyepieces For Money
We recently reviewed the best telescope under 1000. S0, of you, are looking for the best telescope eyepieces for the money, then you are landing at the right place.
In this guide, we have reviewed the top 10 best telescope eyepieces for the money including their features, performance, quality, pros, and cons. Also, this guide will help you to choose the right telescope eyepieces.
Meade Instrument ultra-wide-angle
Meade Instruments 07199-2
Celestron Collimation Eyepiece
Orion 8828 Q7
Meade Instruments 07177
SVBONY telescope eyepiece
Celestron 1.25 inches universal Barlow
1- Meade Instrument ultra-wide-angle – best telescope eyepiece for moon
Meade Instrument ultra-wide-angle telescope eyepiece comes with the extremely large 82 degrees apparent wide field of view. This best telescope eyepieces for the money is excellent in my F5.9 scope and works really well.
This best telescope eyepiece set has the 5.5milimeter which is my highest power eyepiece. The fabulous thing about this eyepiece is its amazing 1-year limited warranty.
- Quality: These best 2-inch telescope eyepieces are made up of high-quality materials. It is also a waterproof telescope eyepiece.
- Performance: This best wide-angle telescope eyepiece is fully multi-coated with glass lenses with the blackened edges and rotating adjustable eyecups. This best 2-inch telescope eyepiece has a sharp optimal performance with the low chromatic aberration. Its 82 degrees AFOV provides you a wide field of view with the sharp & well-corrected images even in the F6 telescopes.
- Features: The unique feature of this best wide-angle telescope eyepiece is its sharp optimal performance at the very low chromatic aberration.
- Users reviews: This best telescope eyepieces for the money contain an 80% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.6 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This eyepiece is best to use for in the F5.9 scope and F6 scope.
- 80-degrees AFOV
- High quality
- Best value fo4r money
- Adjustable eyecups
- No cons yet!
2- Meade Instruments 07199-2 – best telescope eyepiece for viewing planets
If you are looking for the best eyepiece for your own telescope, then this Meade Instruments is the ideal choice for you.
These best eyepieces for fast telescope is incredible and constructed with the 7 optical elements and features a fully multi-coating that gives you planetary and deep sky images a crispy, sharp, and clear look with the near-perfect contrast ratio.
- Quality: This best telescope lens for moon includes a soft rubber eye guard and a custom-fitted bayonet mount. It is built-in a zoom length.
- Performance: This best eyepiece for deep sky objects provides low off-axis color, astigmatism, and a spherical aberration which translates into a clearer & detailed viewing experience. Moreover, its zoom length extends from the 8mm to 24mm across a wide field of view that extends from the 40-degrees to 55 degrees. The best zoom feature is that you only need to refocus with each change slightly.
- Features: The special feature of this best telescope for spying is its widest viewing field with the extra sharpness and long eye relief. It also features low astigmatism, spherical aberration, and off-axis color.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 74% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.6 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope eyepiece is best to use to view the moon and galaxies.
- Soft rubber eye guard
- 1-year limited warranty
- Long eye relief
- Very hard to focus
3- Celestron Collimation Eyepiece – best beginner telescope eyepieces
Celestron Collimation is the best telescope eyepiece from the Celestron company that offers superb value for its affordable low cost. This eyepiece is common among the astronomers to enjoy while using the refractors.
It is the lightweight product and you can easily move this eyepiece telescope function from one position to another position. This best telescope eyepiece set works very well with the 1.25 inches telescope.
- Quality: This best telescope eyepiece for moon is easy to assemble and easy to use. This telescope eyepiece sizes built-in 1 ¼ inches focusers or diagonals.
- Performance: This best eyepieces for fast telescope is primarily designed for Newtonian telescopes, which often gives you blurry images when not precisely collimated. Although,. This telescope eyepiece is ideal for both beginners and experts. Furthermore, this telescope eyepiece 101 doesn’t work with any laser beam or batteries. This best telescope eyepieces for the money gives a clear and undistorted image & can be used for any kind of astronomical imaging.
- Features: The amazing feature of this best zoom eyepiece is that the collimation eyepiece is more accurate than the simple collimation tool. It features a special eyepiece fits into the 1 ¼ inches focuser.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 57% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.2 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This eyepiece is best to use for Newtonian telescopes and ideal for both the beginners and experts.
- Ideal for beginners
- Easy to assemble & use
- Alignment is easy
- Cheap quality laser collimator
4- Orion 8728 – best eyepieces for fast telescope
Orion 8728 is the mind-blowing eyepiece. Any astronomers, who use this telescope eyepiece 101 will quickly recommend it to other astronomers because the results it brings are precisely what any astronomers are looking for. This low power eyepiece magnification has robust viewing stability. Once, you get it to focus on your target, it stays there for an extended period without the distortion adjustment.
- Quality: This best 2-inch telescope eyepieces built-in 55 apparent wide fields of view for clear, sharp, and brighter images of the moon and planets & many deep space objects with the impressively high contrast.
- Performance: This best beginner telescope eyepieces have a 32mm focal length that is multi-coated for bright, clear, and sharp imaging at the maximum contrast ratio. Furthermore, the edges of this eyepiece telescope function are also blanked. You would not get anything less than clear and crispy. It has a 52 apparent wide field of view, which allows, you to see the moon, planets, nebula, stars, and deep-sky objects.
- Features: This eyepiece features a 32mm Plossl 1.25-inches eyepiece is ideal for all types of telescope such as refractor, reflector, and Cassegrain.
- Users reviews: This product contains 79% 5- star ratings from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This eyepiece is best to use for a refractor, reflector, and Cassegrain.
- Build quality
- 52-degrees field of view
- Highly recommended
- No considerable disadvantage with this best eyepiece
5- Orion 8828 Q7– best Plossl eyepieces
Here is another product from the Orion company, which offers high-quality products at an affordable price. The optics of this Orion 8828 Q7 eyepiece is magnificent. The lens of this telescope to see Jupiter is made with the five high premium elements and its edges are blanked for a splendid & distortion-free field of view.
- Quality: This best telescope eyepieces ever made has a high quality 32milimeter focal length that focus and reveal the moon and deep sky objects.
- Performance: This best telescope to see the moon surface has a generous relief due to its wide field of view. It’s designed for easy changing of the eyepiece without much refocusing. So, this is called the parfocal length. This best telescope under 100 also has a rubber eye guard for glass wearing astronomers. It’s threaded for any two-inches telescope and images filters.
- Features: The fabulous feature of this best beginner telescope eyepieces has an apparent wide field of view up to the 70 degrees that bring you the bright space & space contents to your very position.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 62% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.1 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This eyepiece is best to use for deep space and ideal for beginners.
- Great performance
- High quality
- Beautiful views of big patches of sky
- Works very well
- Limited eye relief
6- Meade Instruments 07177 – best telescope eyepieces ever made
Meade Instruments 07177 is uniquely designed for a particular space examination. The highlight feature of this low power eyepiece magnification is its field of view. Its field of view is about 44 degrees. However, it has a decent sharpness at the edges of the area that makes it perfect for starting any target search in space. It offers a generous eye relief.
- Quality: This best zoom eyepiece is made up of high-quality materials and built-in zoom features.
- performance: This best telescope lens for moon is easy to use and also easy to assemble. It has a custom-fitted soft rubber eye guard that conveniently folds down for the glass wearing astronomers. This eyepiece protects their lenses from scratch & equipped with the sleek bayonet mount. This best telescope under 200 is well suited for viewing deep-sky objects, moon, and planets. It easily threads into any 1.25-inches telescope.
- Features: This eyepiece telescope function features a blackened edges quads alongside a seven layers coating that gives it an impressive optical build that allows you to view the images with the maximum contrast ratio & right off-axis color.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 75% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This eyepiece is best to use for view the moon and deep sky objects.
- Generous eye relief
- Clear glass
- Accommodates filters
- High-quality Meade eyepiece
- Short focal length
7- SVBONY telescope eyepiece – best eyepiece for deep-sky objects
SVBONY telescope eyepiece set combines the simplicity & quality in delivering everything you would expect from a Plossl lens eyepiece. This model includes 3 eyepieces of 6.3mm, 32mm, and 40milimeter focal length and 2X Barlow lens. These eyepieces are multi-layered coated with the broadband green film that increase the image contrast & reduces the internal reflection.
- Quality: This best zoom eyepiece has built-in three eyepieces of focal length and also built-in 2X Barlow lens which doubles the power of each eyepiece.
- Performance: This telescope eyepiece magnification is constructed with the four optical elements for a better view of the lunar objects stars clusters and deep sky. The 40mm focal length is perfect for observing the nebula stars clusters while the 32mm focal length can help you see the planets, surface of the moon, and bright stars clusters. So, the 6.3mm focal length has the highest magnification power.
- Features: It features a 62 degrees aspheric eyepiece that can get the maximum detail & definition across the entire wide field of view. It also features a fully coated glass optics for excellent image contrast & light transmission.
- Users reviews: This best telescope under 300 contain a 59% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.2 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This eyepiece is best to use for viewing the celestial objects at nighttime.
- Friendly budget eyepiece
- Excellent contrast
- Three eyepieces included
- Very dim
8- Celestron 1.25 inches universal Barlow – best wide-angle telescope eyepiece
We could not look at the best telescope eyepieces without featuring a Barlow lens and T adapter. The Barlow and T adapter is actually 3 accessories in one unit. It comes with the 1.25 inches eyepiece. But, it can also be used for prime focus astrophotography & tele-extended photography. Basically, you can just use the t-ring adapter to attach a telescope.
- Quality: This best telescope eyepiece for viewing planets has a universal Barlow lens and T-adapter and made up of high-quality materials.
- Performance: This best telescope eyepiece set has a T- ring to attach a telescope like a telephoto lens directly to your camera. Also, use T-adapter with the Barlow lens to get the doubles the magnification power of prime focus mode. Moreover, this best 2 inch telescope eyepieces is easy to use and ideal eyepiece for astrophotography.
- Features: These best eyepieces for fast telescope features a Barlow lens which doubles the magnification power of each telescope eyepiece.
- Users reviews: This best telescope lens for moon contain a 71& 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This telescope is best to use for astrophotography and for deep skies.
- Highly recommended
- Decent T-adapter
- Universal Barlow lens
- Some of the telescopes may struggle to focus with this lens
Best Telescope Eye-pieces – Buying Guide
Here is the buying guide for the best telescope eyepieces. In this guide, we’ve collected all the information about eye-pieces from experts and provide you an easy buying guide which will help you to pick the best telescope eyepieces for the money.
Best telescope eyepiece for viewing planets
Most of the people never ever deem the necessity of a telescope eye-pieces. As they think those are not of any use. But let us tell you that without a high power eyepiece, your telescope is not as efficient as should be.
A telescope eye-piece allows the viewer to focus all the light that the telescope gathers in it. Moreover, while viewing planets, both focal length and aperture play a pivot rule. And only an eye-piece can do that for you.
So, if you’re looking for the best telescope eyepiece for viewing planets, then we recommend you Meade Instruments 07199-2.
Best telescope eyepiece set
A telescope eyepiece set is great for anyone who is new to backyard astronomy. For one price, they instantly provide a selection of eyepieces and filters to improve the versatility & performance of your telescope setup.
However, they might be causing you to spend more money on an instrument that you don’t need and that cash could be spent on another high-quality set.
The top three astronomy manufactures are, Celestron, Meade, and Orion. And their every product contains an eye-piece set.
Best beginner telescope eyepieces
If you’re a beginner and looking for high-quality, affordable, durable, and versatile eye-pieces, then you’re at the right place. Check our latest recommendation for the best beginner telescope eyepieces here! Celestron Collimation Eyepiece.
Best telescope eyepiece for moon
There is no faster to degrade your telescope’s optics than to pair it with a low-quality eye-piece. Choosing the best telescope eyepiece for your telescope goes beyond just basic magnification. But poorly made telescope & eyepieces will reduce crisp, beautiful images of the moon to a sad, and fuzzy mess. So, if you’re looking for a decent eye-piece for the moon, then we highly recommend you Meade Instrument ultra-wide-angle.
Best budget telescope eyepiece
The optical element of the eye-piece allows you to focus light collected by the telescope. So, you can observe crystal clear images of celestial objects. However, it may seem like a small link in the chain, but it has a huge effect on your telescope’s optical system. And finding the best budget telescope eyepiece will greatly enhance its potential.
If you’re a budget user and for the best cheap telescope eyepiece, then we recommend you Celestron 1.25 inches universal Barlow.
Different Types of Telescope Eye-pieces
During your search for the best telescope eye-piece, you will encounter three designs of telescope eyepieces. However, most of these designs are universally compatible. But there’re subtle differences when it comes to the viewing experience.
Plossl eyepieces are by far, the most common type of telescope eyepieces. Generally, we’ll see this kind of eye-pieces with bundled telescopes. These models are quite flexible, durable, and considered to be one of the best for beginners.
Their field of view is moderate, which is great if you have a plan to look a wide variety of objects. In addition, Plossl eye-pieces comes in a range of focal lengths. As they accommodate long focal length as well.
These lenses are high-suitable for observing the moon and planets. That’s because they offer high-quality images. These lenses are specially designed to reduce chromatic aberration and distortion. Moreover, the field of view is flatter and true to life. So, you don’t have to worry about issues like star trailing, etc.
As the name suggests, they’re designed to offers a wide field of view. These lenses are ideal for observing deep-sky objects such as nebulae and star clusters. So, when you’re looking through a wide field of view, then the images you’ll see are more realistic and present. Instead of feeling like you’re looking through a telescope.
Factors to consider while buying telescope eye-piece
Despite the simple appearance, eye-pieces are complex accessories. Most eye-pieces contain various optical components to deliver light from the focal plane to your eye.
Focal Length & Magnification:
Focal refers to the length of space it takes the lens to diverge light onto the fixed point. In other words, it is a way to represent the overall optical power that a lens contains.
And the focal length of the eye-piece will determine how much magnification power the overall set up has. Normally, short focal length eye-pieces offer more magnifying power. However, magnification isn’t the only factor that matters when it comes to viewing celestial objects. That’s why it is good several eye-pieces in hand.
Apparent Field of View:
It is also referred to as AFOV. It’s an important measurement that indicated what your eye-piece will show when the telescope collects light.
Telescopes have to bend and manipulate light to provide you enough power to see distant objects. The apparent field of view refers to the viewing angle that is visible.
Eye relief can directly affect the comfort and images that you’re looking for. As we saw, telescopes and eye-pieces contain several optical components to deliver crystal clear images which are known as exit pupil. Moreover, the distance between the lens of the eye-piece and image is called eye-relief.
You should look for a telescope or eye-piece that has long eye-relief.
Frequently Asked Question About Best Telescope Eye-pieces
Which is the best eye-piece for a telescope?
- Meade Instrument ultra-wide-angle
- Meade Instruments 07199-2
- Celestron Collimation Eyepiece
- Orion 8728
- Orion 8828 Q7
Which is the best telescope eyepiece brand?
- Mead Instruments
Are zoom eye-pieces any good?
They tend to occupy the middle ground of focal length. So, you still need a high & low magnification eye-pieces, but a zoom could handle anything. In simple words, they’re fantastic tools. However, nothing is perfect.
Which eyepiece is best for viewing planets?
TeleVue 13-mm is the best eye-piece for viewing planets. This high-quality eye-piece comes with a 13-mm focal length for superior magnification. This is an ideal planetary eye-piece which will give you a greater magnification.