Navien was founded in 1978 in Japan as a producer of boiler & water heaters. The Navien company has been an innovator in the condensing gas units.
Moreover, Navien opened operations in the united states in 2006 & quickly became one of the top-selling brands of tankless water heaters in the world. It provides a compact, portable, and lightweight product that makes it portable for the customers.
All the Navien tankless water heater are gas-fired & designed as whole house water heaters. Navien tankless water heaters come with natural gas. But, the valve is simply and easily replaced to burn the liquid propane.
also, read our latest article about the best tankless water heater.
Navien Tankless Water Heaters Features
All the Navein tankless water heaters have dual stainless steel heat exchangers to combat the potential corrosion from their condensing performance. To learn, more about the condensing tankless water heaters & their pros and cons, when compared with the non condensing less efficient models.
- NPE advanced models include a recirculation pump & buffer tank technology known as comfort flow. It also includes a timer. So, the pump is not recirculation & reheating water, when there is no demand. So, the system maintains a very small amount of heated water in the tankless unit & the pipe leading to designated outlets. This decreases the time & wasted water when you are waiting for the hot water.
- Navien navilink is odd on components for all tankless water heaters that enable WIFI for the remote monitoring & control of the water heater. In addition, the WIFI control costs almost $200 to 225$ from the many sellers. Brands such as Rheem, Rinnai, EcoSmart make some models with built-in WIFI.
- All the Navein models offer the user cascading technology. This means that up to 16 units lined together and 8 when using a common vent to serve the large homes & commercial applications where a large volume of the hot water is in high demand.
- The Navien hot button is an optional accessory that mounts remotely. The button activates the internal recirculation from the tankless water heater to an outlet like a shower using a return line. Although, the hot water is instantly available. So, the hot button kit costs about $80.
How Navien tankless water heaters compare to the other tankless water heaters brand
Navien company makes fewer models than the leading competitors such as the Rinnai, Rheem, Takagi, and Nortiz. But, the range of sizes provides most homeowners with a model to meet their instantly hot water demand.
So, the T-H3 comes with ultra-high efficiency & a maximum BTUs of 199K. this tankless water heater has a water flow rate of 11.2 gallons per-minutes (GPM). It is one of the largest capacity tankless water heater on the market. Moreover, the Navien brand considered a premium tankless water heater brand, because it meets all its models are the condensing gas water heaters with outstanding efficiency.
In addition, about 20% of Navien tankless water heaters have significant mechanical issues in the initial 10-years. Leaks & failed control boards top on the list. Navien heat exchanger warranty is 15-years almost.
But, it’s essential that you hire a certified installer for the proper work. If you do not the warranty will be voided & repairs would not be recovered from a one-day.
Navien tankless water heater cost and installation factor
The cost to install the tankless water heater ranges from $575 to 1500$ based on a lot of factors. So, the scope of your project will help you to estimate what installation of your tankless water heater will cost.
Furthermore, the factors that push the Navien tankless water heater installation cost towards the higher end of the spectrum given are:
- Having to install a first-hand gas line
- Adding a recirculation water line to any of the water locations
- Venting the tankless water heater rather than the outdoor installation where no vent pipes are necessary.
It’s recommended that you hire a licensed installer with experience in installing Navien company products. The improper installation might decrease performance & efficiency that create the risk of gas and carbon monoxide leaks & could void your warranty.
Furthermore, if you would like the written estimates from the top installer in your area. So, there’s no obligation and cost for using the free local quote option.
The installers are all licensed contractors with the experience & they know they’re competing for the work.
7 things you must know before buying the Navien tankless water heaters
Before you go out & buy that new tankless water heater, there’re a few things you should know. So, that your family does not end up with the cold water & you end up with the rising energy bills &cold shoulder.
In this best Navein tankless water heater buying guide, we’ll help you to learn about the things like what kind of fuel makes the most sense for your hot water heater as well as the many factors like the unit sizing & location.
We’ll also show you how to understand the effects of flow rate & determine how groundwater can affect your tankless water heater buying decision.
Fuel and energy sources
the first step in deciding what type of tankless water heater you should use it to determine the fuel source. You also need to decide between the electric style unit like the Bosch and Titan tankless water heater line and the gas-powered models.
Tankless unit size, demand, and location
You must determine what your tankless water heater is expected to do. Is it going to be for the heating shower, an entire bathroom, and an entire house? You should take a walk around your home & visualize, where you could best put a tankless water heater.
How to determine the flow rate
Next, you’ll need to determine how many points of usage the tankless water heater will be required to provide for. Each outlet has its own flow rate requirements. Moreover, review the chart bleow to give an idea of what different outlets in different parts of your home requires. So, the chart below is a handy guide to help you to determine how much total gallons per-minutes (GPM) that you need from your tankless water heater.
- Bathtub – 4.0GPM
- Shower – 3.0GPM
- Kitchen sink – 1.5GPM
- Laundry – 3.0GPM
Effect of groundwater temperature
How to figure out your groundwater temperature to determine the actual water temperature, so you can purchase a reliable thermostat from your local hardware store. furthermore, open the cold water tap into the sink closest to your water meters and wall. The cold water runs for a double of minutes before doing the test.
Frequently Asked Question About The Best Navien Tankless Water Heaters
Which Navien tankless water heater is best?
- Navien NPE-240 condensing water heater
- Navien NPE 240A
- NPE- 240A premium condensing water heater
- Navien NNPE-240S-NG
Can is use CLR to clean the tankless water heater?
CLR can be a user with the distilled vinegar to clean a tankless water heater.
Is Navien a good tankless water heater?
All the Navien tankless water heaters receive a very high rating from the customers. In fact, they’re among the highest-rated from any water heater manufactures.
How long do water heaters last long?
20 years! Most tankless water heaters have a long-lasting service life of more than the 20-years. They’ve easily replaceable parts that extend their life by many more years.