Those days were gone when the things that doctors required were only a stethoscope, gloves, and blood pressure apparatus. But nowadays, with the evaluation in the medical field and treatments, theirs is a dire need for the best laptop for medical practice for every doctor. Because of the advancement of diseases and technologies, no one would be left behind. Everyone needs advance and latest versions of technology as doctors do.
Also, read our latest guide About Best Laptops For Blogging
Best Laptop For Doctors in 2020
If you’re a medical professional, doctor, or healthcare professional and looking for the very best laptop for medical practice, then you’re on the right website. In this post, we’ve reviewed the best laptop for medical students and the best laptop for medical school including their features, Gen, performance, user reviews, pros, and cons.
Laptop Requirement for Doctors
A normal practitioner has mainly office use of his computer. It is also used to perform text processing and online searches.
With the computerization of health data, a portable computer is a simple way for a doctor to access patient medical records without overloading themselves with paperwork. In fact, medical professionals manage all the administrative part of his job, documents, and management through a laptop.
Here for your comfort, we’ve made a list of 6 best laptops for electronic medical records. Let’s have a look at them!
Microsoft Surface Pro LTE
HP Spectre x360
Huawei Matebook 13
Microsoft Surface 3
LENOVO Thinkpad X1 Carbon
1- Microsoft Surface Pro LTE – Surface laptop medical school
This laptop is considered one of the best laptops for doctors in 2020. Microsoft is an international brand and offers one of the best and high-quality products to loyal customers at affordable prices. And this Microsoft Surface Pr LTE is one of them.
We highly recommend this best laptop for medical billing and coding to healthcare professionals and medical professionals.
- Generation: This best laptop for medical school is loaded with the 7th Gen Intel Core i5 processor for great speed and computing. It is also very lightweight weighing just 1.70lbs.
- Performance: This best laptop for medical practice will surely deliver an amazing performance as it equipped with 8 GB RAM and 256b GB flash memory. It also has a pre-installed Windows 10 Pro operating system. So, if you’re looking for the best laptop medical professionals, then your search ends here!
- Features: This best laptop for telehealth features with powerful Intel Core i5 processor and 12.3-inches Full HD display for high-quality viewing experience. In addition, it also features a 5-megapixel front camera and an 8-megapixel rear camera. Moreover, it also equipped with 10 point multi-touch battery that will last up to 14 hours of battery life.
- User reviews: This best surface laptop medical school contains a 78% 5-star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5.0
- Best use: This laptop is ideal to use for medical students, doctors, medical professionals, and keeping electronic medical records.
- Extremely thin & lightweight
- Best laptop for doctors 2020
- Powerful processor
- Long-lasting battery life
- Built-in cameras
- Not suitable for budget users
2- HP Spectre x360 – Best laptop for health science majors
If you’ ’re looking for a laptop with touchscreen support, then this HP Spectre x360 is the perfect choice for you. It is one of the flagship devices from manufacturers. It packs with all the specifications for a smooth computing experience.
Moreover, we love how it has boosted its performance without compromising usability and battery life. We highly recommend this best laptop for medical school Sdn.
- Generation: This best laptop for healthcare professionals is loaded with the Newest 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor with a clock speed of up to 4GHz, thanks to its Turbo Boost technology.
- Performance: This best laptop for veterinary school will not disappoint you in any way, as it equipped with two Thunderbolt 3 ports for data transfer and power. Furthermore, it also has 16GB computer memory and 512GB hard drive for storing large amounts of data.
- Features: This laptop features with powerful Intel Core i7n processor and 12-inches LCD display with Intel UHD graphics. It also features several sensors like Gyroscope and accelerometer. And HP makes a big claim that of up to 17 hours of battery life.
- User reviews: This product contains a 68% 5-star rating from verified customers.
- Overall rating: 4.2 out of 5.0
- Best use: This laptop is best for medical billing, coding, and medical residency.
- Durable & lightweight
- Touch-screen supported
- Ergonomic design
- Long-lasting battery life
- Several sensors
- Extended connectivity options
3- Huawei Matebook 13 – best laptop for telehealth
One of the successful ventures of Huawei in the laptop industry is the Huawei Matebook 13 Signature Edition. This laptop is surely the best windows laptop in the market right now. So, if you’re a doctor who values portability and the power of connectivity, then this model can fulfill all your requirements.
However, when it is compared to Macbook Pro, you don’t have to spend that much here either.
- Generation: This best laptop for virtual DJ 8 is powered by the 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor that boosts performance up to 40% over its predecessor.
- Performance: This laptop delivers an excellent performance as it equipped with 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD storage which provides you smooth windows experience. In addition, Huawei claims that they’ve used an innovative cooling design that enhances the system’s performance by several times.
- Features: This laptop features a powerful Intel Core i5 processor and a 13-inch thin-bezel Fullview touch display. There’re thin bezels and an amazing screen to body ratio of 88%. So, if you’re looking for a laptop, then your search ends here!
- User reviews: This product contains a 58% 5-star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.0 out of 5.0
- Best use: This laptop is best for medical billing, and coding.
- Attractive design
- Touch-screen display
- Innovative cooling system
- Long-lasting battery life
4- Microsoft Surface 3 – Laptop or tablet for medical school
This Microsoft Surface 3 laptop is ideal for doctors who seek flexibility and lightness. This half laptop easily slips into any bag and accompanies you during your visit. It also allows you to surf the net or perform office tasks at your fingertips.
Moreover, the notebook feature is excellent to write with a pen on surface 3 is simple & natural.
- Generation: This best notebook for medical students is loaded with Quad-Core Intel Atom 7x-z8700 processor with a turbo speed of up to 2.4GHz.
- Performance: This best laptop for residency delivers an amazing performance as it equipped with 4 GB of RAM and 128GB flash memory. It also has a pre-installed version of Windows 8.1. in addition, it is very light in weight, weighing just 1.37 pounds in weight. So, if you’re looking for the best laptop or tablet for medical school, then you’ve found it!
- Features: This best laptop for interior design features with a powerful Quad-Core Intel Atom processor for great speed and computing. It also has a 10.3-inches display screen for high-quality images and videos. It also equipped with a long-lasting battery that lasts up to 10 hours.
- User reviews: This best laptop for artists contains a 55% 5-star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 3.8 out of 5.0
- Best use: This laptop is best for designing, and medical students.
- Thin & lightweight
- High-build quality
- Best notebook for medical students
- Battery life
5- LENOVO Thinkpad X1 Carbon – Best laptop for doctors
If you’re one for whom portability is the primary concern when selecting the best laptop for hospitals, then this laptop is perfect for you.
Because this brand never failed to impress its consumers with the thoughts they invest in developing everything. And that’s what takes them to the first rank mainly when it comes to rating from the professional class.
- Generation: This laptop is loaded with an Intel Core i7 processor with a Turbo speed of up to 4.6 GHz.
- Performance: As it equipped with an Intel Core i7 processor which is reasonable & fast and zero lagging while running high-end games or applications. In addition, it also comes with 16GB of RAM which is enough for you to run all tasks successfully. It also has 1TB storage capacity which is just amazing for storing your large data files easily.
- Features: This best laptop for doctors features a powerful processor for great speed and computing. It also equipped with a 14-inch anti-glare LED-backlit Full HD IPS display for high-quality pictures & videos. Moreover, the backlit keyboard offers you a comfortable typing experience and the fingerprint sensor keeps your system protected from unauthorized access.
- User reviews: This product contains a 54% 5-star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 3.7 out of 5.0
- Best use: This laptop is best for medical students, professionals, and doctors.
- Sleek design
- Amazing performance
- Full HD IPS display
- Best laptop for gaming
We think that Microsoft Surface Pro LTE is the best laptop for doctors in 2020. As it is loaded with 7th Gen Intel Core i5 processor and 8GB of RAM and 256GB flash memory. It also has a 5-mega pixel front and an 8-mega pixel rear camera.
Second, we’ve HP Spectre x360, this best laptop for veterinary school equipped with 8th Gen Intel Core i7 processor with a clock speed of up to 4GHz. It also has a 12-inch UHD graphics display and several sensors like Gyroscope and accelerometer.
Last but not the least, we’ve Huawei Matebook 13, this laptop has 8th Gen Intel Core i5 processor and a 13-inch thin-bezel Fullview touch display. It also has an innovative cooling system that enhances the system’s performance.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Laptop For Medical Professionals
Which laptop is best for medical students?
- Microsoft Surface Pro LTE
- HP Spectre x360
- Huawei Matevook 13
- Microsoft Surface 3
- Lenovo Thinkpad x1 Carbon
Do doctors need laptops?
In medical school, you need to go online as you need to do. So, you’ll need the best laptop (if you can afford it) or use a good smartphone.
Is Dell better than HP?
Yes! Dell’s processor works faster as compared to HP with the same specifications. However, HP still makes robust laptops with long-lasting battery life. That’s why their laptops are highly suitable for heavy-duty use.
What’s the difference between Macbook Air and Macbook Pro?
MacBook Pro contains faster U-series Intel processors, while Macbook has lower Y-series that is suitable for everyday tasks. Moreover, MacBook has Intel Iris Plus Graphics where Pro offers AMD graphics.