One of the most taking tasks to do on a laptop in video editing. Are you a video editor, and looking for a professional video editing computer? In this case, do not fret, because we’ve got you covered.
Millions of thanks to technological advancements, video editing have become simple. This becomes possible because of the advanced hardware components in a laptop that makes editing much easier.
So, if you’re looking to buy a budget video editing laptop, then make certain that do not pick the first one you across in the market. Because many laptops are releasing every year with high-quality features and performance.
Some are expensive and are affordable. That’s why you need to choose one depending on your needs and budget. There’re a few specifications that a 4k video editing laptop requires. The processor is the first and most important spec that you just can’t ignore.
Because a fast processor will serve you the purpose of video editing, while a laptop with a slow processor will just be a waste of money. Moreover, when it comes to RAM, a minimum of 8GB of RAM is better.
And a laptop with a big display will be excellent if that fits your budget. Furthermore, video editing requires you to store more data, thus a 500GB SSD is that what you need. Purchasing a laptop with a bigger SSD storage is better because it is faster.
However, the good news is that most of the laptops in the market are available with these specifications. But, the bad news is they’re expensive.
Also, read our latest guide about the best laptop for doctors.
Best Laptop For Video Editing Under $700
So, if you’re looking for the best laptop for graphic design and video editing, then you’re on the right website.
Because in this post, we’ve reviewed the best affordable editing laptop including their Gen, features, performance, user reviews, pros, and cons.
Check On Amazon
HP Chromebook x360
Check On Amazon
SAMSUNG Chromebook 4+
Check On Amazon
Flagship HP Laptop
Check On Amazon
CHUWI HeroBook Pro
Check On Amazon
1- HP Chromebook – best laptop for video editing under $600
As we all know, HP is a well-known computer manufacturing company that offers one of the best and professional video editing computer to loyal consumers. And this HP Chromebook is one of them. It is extremely thin & lightweight weighing just 3.48lbs in weight.
This best affordable editing laptop has a built-in Chrome OS operating system and 360-degree flip & fold design for maximum durability & portability. We highly recommend this budget video editing laptop, because of its performance and price point.
- Generation: This best laptop for bloggers is loaded with a 1.1GHz Intel Celeron N4000 processor with Intel UHD Graphics 600 graphic card for high-quality images & videos.
- Performance: This laptop that can edit 4k video will surely deliver amazing performance as it equipped with 4GB of RAM and 32GB flash memory for storing large files. So, if you’re looking for the best laptop for video and photo editing, then your search ends here!
- Features: This best laptop for fl studio features with a powerful processor for great speed and computing. It also equipped with a 14-inch Full HD display with a screen resolution 1366×768. In addition, it also has a built-in Chrome OS operating system, built-in cloud supper, and virus protection software.
- User reviews: This best cheap laptop for editing youtube videos contains a 100% 5-star rating from its verified customers.
- Overall rating: 5.0 out of 5.0
- Best use: This laptop is best for editing images, videos, and fl studio.
- Best cheapest laptop for video editing
- Extremely thin & lightweight
- Full HD display
- 360-degree flip & fold design
- We didn’t find any cons yet!
2- HP Chromebook x360 – best laptops for video editing under 500
Here is another product from the hp company. This HP Chromebook packed with the performance features that you want &long lasting battery life, so can play games and chats with friends.
This best laptop for podcasting loaded with the IntelCerelon N4000 processor which makes the device performance very fast. Moreover, this best cheap laptop for editing youtube videos has a maximum storage space of 32GB.
- Generation: This best laptop for music production is powered by the Intel Cerelon N4000 processor having a base frequency of up to 1.1GHz and the Intel turbo boost technology of up to 2.6GHz.
- Performance: This laptop for video editing on a budget equipped with the 4GB of LPDDR4 RAM memory and32GB of flash memory. This thin and lightweight laptop comes with the four versatile modes tablet mode, tent mode, stand mode, and drawing mode. This best laptop for Kali Linux also comes with the 14-inches full HD display with a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels and runs on the Chrome operating system OS.
- Features: The unique feature of this laptop for video and photo editing is four versatile modes including tent mode, stand mode, tablet mode, and drawing mode. It also features a long-lasting battery life.
- Users reviews: This product contain an 80% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.6 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This lightweight laptop is best to use for drawing and editing photos and videos.
- Thin and lightweight
- Great performance
- Four versatile modes
- Poor screen resolution
3- SAMSUNG Chromebook 4+ – best laptop for video editing under $500
SAMSUNG is also a very well-known company that is known for its high-quality laptops, PC, Androids, smartphones, and watches. And this cheap laptop for adobe premiere pro is one of them.
This laptop also equipped with a built-in Chrome operating system and has advanced security with multiple layers of built-in virus protection. We highly recommend this video editing laptop under 500.
- Generation: This best computer for video editing and gaming is loaded with a powerful processor and a 15.6-inch display screen for an amazing viewing experience.
- Performance: This best affordable editing laptop will not disappoint you in any way as it equipped with 4GB DDR4 SDRAM and 32GB flash memory for storing large high-quality images & videos. So, if you’re looking for a 4k video editing laptop, then you’ve found it!
- Features: This best laptop for video editing under $500 features with a 15.6-inch large & impressive display screen and has ultra-fast connectivity with Gigabyte Wifi. Moreover, it also features a long-lasting battery that will last up to 10.5 hours.
- User reviews: This product contains a 70% 5-star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.5 out of 5.0
- Best use: This laptop is the best for interior designer, gamers, and artists.
- Widescreen display
- Longlasting battery life
- advanced security mode
- screen video quality not very well
4- Flagship HP Laptop – best laptop for video editing under $800
This Flagship HP is a compact and lightweight laptop. This best cheapest laptop for video editing equipped with 16GB of DDR4 RAM memory and 512GB of solid-state disk (SSD) that offers the user to store large files and documents.
Furthermore, this best laptop for adobe premiere pro cc comes with the 14-inches full HD widescreen display for better screen resolution.
- Generation: This best laptop for machine learning loaded with the powerful and latest 10th generation Intel Core i5-7200U processor having a clock frequency of up to 1.2GHz and the Intel turbo boost technology of up to 3.4GHz.
- Performance: This best video editing laptop under 800 equipped with the 16GB of RAM memory and 512GB of solid-state disk (SSD). It comes with the 14-inches full HD display with a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. This best laptop for Cricut maker loaded with decent performance that enhances your laptop speed. Moreover, it also has an S mode that is specially designed for security.
- Features: This best laptop for desktop replacement feature a lot of connectivity ports options including USB3.1 port, 2 USB 3.1 type A, Ac smart pin, and an HDMI port.
- Users reviews: This product contain a 68% 5- star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 4.2 out of 5.0.
- Best use: This thin laptop is best to use for cybersecurity and ideal for an artist.
- Powerful processor
- Best value for money
- Backlit keyboard
- Average battery life
5- CHUWI HeroBook Pro – best laptop for graphic design and video editing
If you’re a budget user and looking for a laptop for video editing on a budget, then this Chuwi hero book is perfect for you. Because it has a sleek and robust design for maximum durability.
And equipped with a 38Wh polymer lithium-ion battery with ultra low power CPU that enables it to lasts up to 9 hours. Moreover, featuring its fast charging technology, you can easily get a longer time for your work or entertainment.
- Generation: This best affordable editing laptop is loaded with an Intel Dual Core Gemini lake N4000 processor with a burst frequency of up to 2.6GHz, thanks to its 5W ultra-low design.
- Performance: This best laptop for Cricut making delivers an amazing performance as it equipped with 8GB of RAM and 256GB SSD storage that allows you to run multiple applications seamlessly. Furthermore, the 128GB TF expansion provides plenty of space for your documents, pictures, and videos. It is also very thin & light in weight weighing just 3.06lbs which is great if you’re one who wants portability.
- Features: This best laptop for adobe premiere pro cc features with a 14.1-inch display screen that provides an excellent view when watching movies. It also has a built-in Windows operating system. And one of the best features is that 7 ports are available in only one laptop which is amazing if you want multiple connectivity options.
- User reviews: This product contains a 58% 5-star rating from its customers.
- Overall rating: 3.9 out of 5.0
- Best use: This laptop is best for students, vloggers, and office work.
- Thin & lightweight
- Full HD display
- Multiple connectivity options
- Long-lasting battery life
- Not suitable for heavy use
We think that the HP Chromebook 2-in-1 laptop is the best laptop for video editing under $700. As it equipped with a 14-inches display and screen and a built-in Google Chrome OS operating system.It also has an Intel UHD Graphic 600 graphic card for high-quality images & videos.
Second, we have the HP Chromebook x360, this best laptop for video editing under $800 has a 360-degree flip and fold design and an Intel Celeron Dual Core processor with a burst frequency of up to 2.6GHz.
Last but not the least, we’ve SAMSUNG Chromebook 4+, it comes with the 15.6 inches full HD wide-screen display in a compact frame. This best laptop for excel use has a long-lasting battery life of up to 10.5 hours.
Frequently Asked Questions About Best Laptops For Videos Editing Under $700
Which is the best laptop for video editing?
- HP Chromebook
- HP Chromebook x360
- SAMSUNG Chromebook 4+
- Flagship HP Laptop
- CHUWI HeroBook Pro
Is Core i5 good for video editing?
Yes! Intel Core i5 processors can edit at 1080P at reasonable standards. As the Core i5 8300k has 6-cores no hyperthreading clocked in 3.60GHz which is better for light video editing. However, you can further increase the performance of Core i5 8300k by over-locking.
How much RAM is required for 4k video editing?
A minimum of 16GB RAM is enough for 4k editing. That minimum rises to 32GB or more. However, data must be quickly accessible to both CPU and RAM, that’s why storage speed is crucial. Otherwise, starving the CPU & RAM of data results in slow performance.
Does RAM affect video editing?
Yes! For video creators, RAM is an important factor to consider. Because, if you do a lot of motion graphics, then having more RAM will help you to work quickly & efficiently. Moreover, applications like Adobe Photoshop requires a considerable amount of RAM to work well.